Monday, January 12, 2009

Delilah

For several years now Delilah has been a favorite of mine! Listening to her on the radio and all the requests and dedications are such an inspiration to me. I'd like to share one of my Newsletters that I received from her today. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks very much for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day! :)

Delilah Daily Newsletter


Music Monday - January 12, 2009

It's the New Year and changes are occurring. The inauguration of a new president is coming up. People are generally adopting a new attitude about lifestyle; making an effort to conserve, reduce and recycle in this tough economy. I think it's also time to commit to doing more good and incorporating random, unsolicited acts of kindness into your life.

You would probably recognize the song "Give A Little Bit" originally recorded by a band from the '70s called Supertramp and made popular again by the Goo Goo Dolls a few years ago. I like both versions for the upbeat rhythm, and now more than ever, for lyrics we need to hear...

Give a little bit
Give a little bit of your love to me
Give a little bit
I'll give a little bit of my love to you
There's so much that we need to share
So send a smile and show you care
I'll give a little bit
I'll give a little bit of my life for you
So give a little bit
Give a little bit of your time to me
See the man with the lonely eyes
Take his hand, you'll be surprised

Try to commit to doing one act of kindness this week, one nice thing for somebody without taking credit for it. It could be something as simple as paying for coffee for the person in line behind you. It could be rushing ahead to hold the door for an elderly person. It could be shoveling snow from your neighbor's sidewalk while you're outside shoveling yours. Do something simple, then simply walk away with that happy feeling that comes from doing it.


If you enjoyed this newsletter then please visit the following website: www.delilah.com to sign up for more wonderful and inspiring articles from Delilah.

No comments:

Post a Comment